Have the COSTS OF FOULING been clearly defined at your facility?
- Increased maintenance costs
- Oversizing and/or redundant (stand-by) equipment
- Special materials and/or design considerations
- Added cost of cleaning equipment & chemicals
- Hazardous cleaning solution disposal
- Reduced service life and added energy costs
- Increased costs of environmental regulations
- Loss of plant capacity and/or efficiency
- Loss of waste heat recovery options
DID YOU KNOW THAT. . . . . .
- Over 40 YEARS AGO heat exchanger fouling was referred to as the major unresolved problem in heat transfer
- The total cost of fouling in highly industrialized nations has been projected at 0.25% of the GN
- The total annual cost of fouling in the U.S. has been estimated at OVER $18 BILLION
- The total annual cost of fouling specifically focused on shell and tube exchangers in the process industries has been estimated at OVER $6 BILLION